The purpose is to guide users to install LSI 9361-8i in SKY-7221 and generate logical drives with LSI 9361-8i (FW version:6.36.00.3) on KVM, which runs under BMC FW 2.04.201120.
Note: A. Please check LSI 9361-8i FW version and BMC FW version before usage of BMC WebUI. If need upgrading FW, please refer to SKY-7210 BMC firmware upgraded limitation from V2.04.18xxxx (2018 version) to V2.04.19xxxx(2019 version) by AMI/Yafuflash or Upgrade SKY-7221 BMC
B. If LSI 9361-8i is bought by customers, we suggest that customers should not update LSI 9361-8i FW by themselves.
Insert the LSI 9361-8i in an x16 riser card and then plug the x16 riser card in the PCIE slot close to CPU0. Please refer to the following photo.
LSI 9361-8i Firmware Information:
Note: User can not generate RAID drives through KVM.
BMC FW Version:
Check BMC FW version from top-left corner of WebUI before generation of logical drive. The article is based on BMC FW 2.04.201120.
RAID Controller configuration:
Select Setting from the left side menu bar and select RAID Management >> RAID Controller Information.
- Select Setting from the left side menu bar and select RAID Management >> Logical Device Information.
2. Select Create Virtual Device to create a logical drive.
- RAID Controller Name displays AVAGO MegaRAID SAS 9361-8i.
- Select RAID Level.
NOTE: A. Only RAID Levels RAID00, RAID10, RAID50 and RAID60 will support Span Creation B.RAID LEVEL options show normally only when unconfigured storages available.
- Logical Device Name: Enter the Logical Device name.
- Capacity(GB): Enter Virtual Device Size.
- Initialization: Select Initial State
- Stripe Size: Select Stripe Size. You may leave as default.
- Read Policy: Select Read Policy. You may leave as default.
- Write Policy: Select Write Policy
- IO Policy: Select IO Policy
- Access Policy: Select Access Policy
- Disk Cache Policy: Select Disk Policy.
- UnConfigured Physical Drives: Select UnConfigured Physical Device
NOTE: A. This field will be in disabled for Span Supproted RAID Levels. B. When user needs to select more than one physical drive, please press Ctrl and click mouse to select physical drives.
- Completion for creating a logical drive.
- Boot in Linux and run the following command to reconfirm the newly-generated logical drive.
# lsblk -o name,model,serial
NAME MODEL SERIAL
sda Transcend 32GB 03FZTNG28ZNYK1FP
sdf MR9361-8i 600605b0093f4e6f282364971d058ca0
sr0 Virtual CDROM0 AAAABBBBCCCC1
sr1 Virtual CDROM1 AAAABBBBCCCC1
sr2 Virtual CDROM2 AAAABBBBCCCC1
sr3 Virtual CDROM3 AAAABBBBCCCC1
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 1 29.4G 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 1 256M 0 part /bspconf
├─sda2 8:2 1 7G 0 part /
└─sda3 8:3 1 511M 0 part /boot
sdf 8:80 0 7.3T 0 disk
└─sdf1 8:81 0 1.8T 0 part
sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom
sr1 11:1 1 1024M 0 rom
sr2 11:2 1 1024M 0 rom
sr3 11:3 1 1024M 0 rom
Please sign in to leave a comment.