This article targets to Advantech BMC Web UI ( Node explorer )
Pre-requirement & reference
* Advantech’s IANA Enterprise Number used for OEM commands is 002839h
* IANA = Internet Assigned Number Authority
Advanced Platform Management allows you to access the system’s console while the host OS is absent, i.e. during BIOS execution and booting. In addition, it provides access to the OS console when no OS Ethernet interfaces are up or the OS does not provide remote login through SSH or Telnet.
All users who are using Advantech CIoT platforms, including FWA, SKY-7K, SKY-8K, SKY-9K Series.
In general, SOL function is enabled for Administrator by default. Except Administrator, manually enabling SOL feature (permission) for other BMC users is required.
1. Login Web UI (Node explorer) with Administrator
2. Find Extra Configuration in side menu
3. Pick an empty user ID by clicking on it and you will find edit page pops up
4. Enable User Enabled , Give this user a name, Set password for this user , give the privilege level and finally check the "Enable SOL Access" item
5. Click Save and the SOL setting for this new added BMC user is completed.
5. You will find this new user is on the list after saving the edit successfully on ID 3.
For user who would like to enable user for SOL function, you may check following FAQ "[IPMItool] How to enable SOL function for new created BMC users?"