Pre-requirement & reference:
* Advantech’s IANA Enterprise Number used for OEM commands is 002839h
* IANA = Internet Assigned Number Authority
Check or Set recent SMART FAN settings from system BMC
For all Advantech ICVG (CIoT) platforms' users and BMC FW is using Advantech BMC code, including FWA, SKY-7K, SKY-8K, SKY-9K Series.
The commands in this FAQ are NOT suitable for The following models due to BMC design. Please find proper commands for there from our support portal.
- FWA-6520/5020/6510/6500 series
- SKY-7210/7221/8200 series
Please DO NOT set FAN speed lower than LCR (lower critical. setting, ex 1200) value or it may trigger system events and BMC will force the speed to full on few systems.
Check smart fan was activate or not , this command is also executable through IOL
#ipmitool raw 0x2c 0x16 0 0
00 ff 4e 01
–You will have 4 bytes returned value (e.g. 00 ff 4e 01)
–2nd byte = fan lv value
- 01 = smart fan Enabled
- 00 = smart fan Disabled = manual set
Set Fan Level* , this command is also executable through IOL
# ipmitool raw 0x2c 0x15 0x00 0x00 <FAN_LEVEL(unit:%) ,range 35~100(DEC), or 0x23~0xFF(HEX) >
Manually Enable SMART fan :
# ipmitool raw 0x2c 0x15 0 0 0xff
* Manually set FAN LV will disable BMC Smart FAN function , it requires BMC reset or commands to get smart fan back