This article aims to provide the FWA-3260 (Versa 810/800) BMC FW checking rule for customer reference.
For Advantech TSE, RBU AE, outsourcing service engineer(s) and End customer with the following knowledges :
- ipmitool function troubleshooting experience
- Linux troubleshooting experience
When User key-in following command to upgrade FWA-3260 (Versa 810/800) BMC boot loader in Versa OS, It will report "Firmware upgrade procedure failed" message.
Customer had install ipmitool-1.8.13-ubuntu0.6 in Versa OS
1. This limitation is BMC FW 1.04 (or early version) limitation, BMC FW 1.04 (or early version) didn't support "-z" parameter.
2. Please suggest customer key-in following command to flashing first FWA-3260 (Versa 810/800) BMC FW in Versa OS by ipmitool-1.8.13-ubuntu0.6,
3. When active BMC FW is V1.10/1.08, flashing BMC FW can use "-Z" parameter to speed up flashing time
First BMC FW KCS flashing command , flashing time needs to over 60 min
$ sudo ipmitool hpm upgrade <BMC FW> force activate
Second BMC FW KCS flashing command , it can add –z parameter to enhance ipmitool flashing time
$ sudo ipmitool hpm upgrade <BMC FW> -z 255 force activate
BMC bootloader KCS flashing command , it can add –z parameter
$ sudo ipmitool hpm upgrade <BMC bootloader FW> -z 255 force activate