Release NVM update package for NMC-4005 , target version from 6.8 to 7.2
Everyone who needs to update NMC-4005 NVM from 6.8 to 7.2
- Advantech hardware NMC-4005 with nvm version 6.8 (package in this FAQ supports upgrade from 6.8 to 7.2 only. Please contact Advantech supports for updating from those versions which are older than 6.8)
- Linux based OS
- i40e driver up to 2.7.12 or above (see driver requirement)
1. Download NVM-4005.zip from attachment
2. Check current nvm version from one of Ethernet device of NMC-4005 (b5ep2 as an example)
# ethtool -i b5ep2
firmware-version: 6.80 0x8000486a 0.0.0
3. Get in unzipped folder and run following command to execute update process ; You should understand which device is available to be updated.
# ./nvmupdate64e -l nvm4005_b5ep2.log
Intel(R) Ethernet NVM Update Tool
NVMUpdate version 22.214.171.124
Copyright (C) 2013 - 2019 Intel Corporation.
WARNING: To avoid damage to your device, do not stop the update or reboot or power off the system
during this update.
Inventory in progress. Please wait [***-......]
Num Description Ver.(hex) DevId S:B Status
=== ================================== ============ ===== ====== ==============
01) Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection 3.37(3.25) 1533 00:001 Update not available
02) Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection 3.37(3.25) 1533 00:002 Update not available
03) Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection 3.37(3.25) 1533 00:005 Update not available
04) Intel(R) Ethernet Connection X722 for 3.51(3.33) 37D3 00:028 Update not available
05) Intel(R) Ethernet Controller X710 for 6.128(6.80) 1572 00:094 Update available
Options: Adapter Index List (comma-separated), [A]ll, e[X]it
Enter selection: 05
Would you like to back up the NVM images? [Y]es/[N]o: Y
Update in progress. This operation may take several minutes.
[****[1862.727715] i i40e 0000:5e:00.1: DCBX offload is not supported or is disabled for this PF.
[1863.154815] i40e 0000:5e:00.2: DCBX offload is not supported or is disabled for this PF.[ 1863.299755] i40e 0000:5e:00.2 b5ep2: NIC Link is Down
[1863.589119] i40e 0000:5e:00.3: DCBX offload is not supported or is disabled for this PF.
[1863.735919] i40e 0000:5e:00.2 b5ep2: NIC Link is Up, 40 Gbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None
4. Wait few minutes for completing the upgrade process, you will find “All operations completed successfully” shown on screen after it completed, and follow the message to exit the utility.
5. AC OFF and ON to apply the changes.
6. Check nvm version from one of Ethernet device of NMC-4005 (b5ep2 as an example)
# ethtool -i b5ep2
firmware-version: 7.20 0x80008212 0.0.0
7. Check VPD info from Advantech network device (Assume device NMC-4005 on bus 5e:00.2)
# lspci -s 5e:00.2 -vvv | grep -i "Vendor specific"
[V0] Vendor specific: N440
[V1] Vendor specific: V7.20
[V2] Vendor specific: V7.20.01
Please refer to the following table to check network driver version and upgrade the latest driver.