It lists FWA-6170 PCIE riser card installation for customer reference,
For Advantech TSE, RBU AE, outsourcing service engineer(s) and End customer with the following knowledges :
- HW installation troubleshooting experience
Please careful to unplug & plug PCIe cage from FWA-6170 when user install PCIe card in FWA-6170.
PCIe card Installation notes.
User may refer FWA-6170 user manual Chapter 1.5.4 PCIe (page 18), or refer following steps to install Half Low Profile size PCIe card in FWA-6170 series.
1. Please unplug PCIe cage from FWA-6170, and remove a bracket from PCIe cage
2. Please remove Haft Low Profile (HL) size PCIe card bracket.
3. Please install FWA-6170 PCIe cage bracket in PCIe card
PS1 : The screw type of FWA-6170 PCIe cage is using "ISO metric screw", when customer's PCIe card screw type is "Inch screw" , please contact Advantech to ask M3X5L screw. (P/N: 1935030500,
Screw M3x5L R/S D=5.5 H=2 (2+) ST Ni)
PS2: Some PCIe riser card's screws hole is not compatibility with FWA-6170 PCIe Cage bracket, please contact Advantech to ask bracket requirement.
4. Please install "Changed bracket PCIe card" in FWA-6170 PCIe Cage.
and use black screw to fix bracket and FWA-6170 PCIe cage.
5. Please use 2 Layer head screws to install PCIe supporter on PCIe Cage