Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE) provides a way for booting our products through network interfaces. This article will introduce how to boot FWA-2012 from PXE through two GbE Ethernet ports in front panel.
All users who are using Advantech FWA-2012 series and need to boot the system(s) from PXE server.
1. Please find first two MGT GbE Ethernet ports in attached pic, these two ports offer PXE boot function.
2A. Settings for Legacy PXE boot
- When user needs to set FWA-2012 Legacy PXE function, please set CSM/Network as Legacy, save BIOS setting and reboot system.
- Boot into BIOS again and set Boot option in "Network Device BBS Priorities". Device [IBA GE Slot 1400 v1570] indicates to MGT1 port/ devoice [IBA GE Slot 1600 v1570] indicate to MGT2 port
- Legacy PXE boot ROM starts in next time boot
2B. Settings for UEFI PXE boot
- When user needs to set FWA-2012 UEFI PXE function, please set CSM/"Network" as UEFI, "Network Stack" as Enabled , save BIOS setting and reboot system.
3. Enable Network Stack
4. Save BIOS settings & reboot into BIOS again. Set 1st boot device in "Boot Option Priorities "
5. Check PXE function is working properly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.