This article aims to guide users to collect system information and logs. Users could download the corresponding script according to the platform with BMC or without. Then run the script under Linux OS or Windows OS to generate the log file.
OS with ipmitool utility.
Please refer to How to install IPMItool.
1. For SKUs with BMC, OS should pre-install ipmitool utility before collecting system information and log.
2. User should login with root or user as sudoer privilege to run the ipmitool.
2. Select the suitable script for executing
- Download the corresponding script file for the system that need to be troubleshooting. For "How to download the file to the Linux OS", please refer the following URL: How to copy a file from local system to remote system in Linux?
- For Linux platform with BMC via KCS, please download the script file export_sys_log_with_bmc_v5sh, which gathers system information, including SEL, sensor, FRU, FW versions and BMC information.
- For Linux platform without BMC, please download script file export_sys_log_without_bmc_v4.sh, which gathers DMI information, system time, PCI information, Ethernet information, system logs and boot messages.
- For Linux Client platform to get multi platforms logs via IOL, please download 2 script files with IOL_ipmitool-exportByiplist_v5.sh & iplist in the same folder. Update all BMC ip address into iplist.
- For Linux Client platform to get single platform log via IOL, please download script file with IOL_ipmitool-exportBySingle_v5.sh .
- For Windoes Client platform to get single platfom log via IOL, please use the Windows ipmitool utility to execute the commands fetch from script with IOL_ipmitool-exportBySingle_v5.sh.
2. Change the mode of script file
# cd <the path of the script file>
# chmod +x <script file name>
3. Run the script and generate the log file.IOL_ipmitool-exportBySingle_v4.sh
# ./<script file name>
4. Download the log file generated by step 3 and send it to the service team.
[Note] There are some examples of logs generated by scripts. Please kindly see the attachment if needed.