A CMOS battery in SKY-8101 is commonly used to keep system date in BIOS. Based on the usage and environment of the server it is, the battery would be discharged to LOW (unavailable) around 2 - 3 Years. Once the battery is out of charge, a replacement of battery inside system is required to keep system time in BIOS.
This article only targets SKY-8101 users.
Don’t touch any components inside the system while the system is on.
Be sure you are at an ESD workstation, or grounded with an ESD strap before opening the top cover or installing/removing any unit accessible from the outside. Doing so will discharge any static electricity that might have built up in your body.
Disconnect power before making any configuration changes. The sudden rush of power as you connect a jumper or install a card may damage sensitive electronic components.
- Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type recommended by the manufacturer, discard used batteries according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
1. Shutdown the system and remove all the AC power from it.
2. Remove Top Cover
3. Find FAN duct
4. Loosen Left & Right Side Two screws of FAN duct
5. Remove FAN Duct and you will find the Battery holder
6. Replace the battery with NEW one and then reverse the process to recover system.